Pediatric Speech-Language Pathology
Communication is one of the most fundamental and important of human skills. It is essential to learning, playing, social interaction and creating valuable relationships. Impaired communication can affect every aspect of a child’s life. At Miracle Kids Success Academy, we provide strategies and resources that will assist with daily communication with the child’s family members, teachers, and friends. Our pediatric speech-language pathologists provide evaluation, intervention, and consultation in the following areas:
- Sound production (articulation, how clearly speech is produced)
- Receptive language (understanding language)
- Expressive language (communicating wants and needs)
- Pragmatics (how language is used in social contexts)
- Voice (quality, pitch, and loudness)
- Fluency (stuttering)
- Dysphagia (sucking, feeding, and swallowing)
- Oral motor (movement of tongue, teeth, lips, and jaw)
- Feeding Difficulties
- Augmentative and alternative communication (use of pictures or devices to communicate)
Is Your Child On Track?
How your child plays, learns, speaks and acts offer important clues about his development. Do you have questions about your child’s development? View our milestone checklist to see if your child is where he/she should be at this stage in their development.
Still have concerns? Complete the form below to contact our staff to discuss your concerns, schedule a tour of our facility, or make an appointment to speak with our staff.
Miracle Kids Success Academy
Jonesboro South: 870-932-3600
Jonesboro North: 870-333-2600
The Speech-Language Pathologist and Homeschooled Clients: An Overview of Practice Strategies
Kristen Crain, M.S. CF-SLP