Angelina Wood, MCD/CCC-SLP
Angelina is a member of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association. In 2018 and 2019, she earned the Award for Continuing Education (ACE). In order to receive this award, individuals meet the requirements by earning 7.0 ASHA (70 hours) Continuing Education Units (CEUs) within a 36-month period. Angelina been trained in the following therapy approaches:
- Picture Exchange Communication (PECS), which allows children who have little or no communication abilities a means of communicating non-verbally
- Beckman Oral Motor Protocol
- Pre-chaining and chaining therapy to treat pediatric feeding disorders
- TalkTools sensory motor approach to treating apraxia
- Orton-Gillingham Multisensory Approach to Early Reading
- SOS Approach to Feeding
- Language Acquisition through Motor Planning (LAMP). An approach that uses motor learning principles and a voice output communication aid to give non-verbal individuals a method to develop independent and spontaneous communication.
- Strategies for Teaching based on Autism Research (STAR Curriculum Training). A developmental curriculum content appropriate for students with ASD and other developmental disabilities.
- Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets (PROMPT). A dynamic tactile method of treatment for motor speech disorders which is based on touch pressure, kinesthetic, and proprioceptive cues.
Angelina may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crystal Guevara, MCD/CCC-SLP
Crystal may be contacted at email@example.com.
Christi Edmonston, MCD, CCC-SLP
Christi earned her Bachelors degree in Communication Disorders in 2005 and then received her Masters in Communication Disorders in 2006 from Arkansas State University. She has two lovely daughters. She comes to Miracle Kids Success Academy with over 10 years of experience of working in pediatrics. Christi is passionate about helps children succeed and reach their goals to become self-sufficient in their everyday lives. Everyone loves her for her easy-going, caring, and trustworthy personality. Christi is a member of the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association and has been trained in the Beckman Oral Motor Protocol approach.
Is Your Child On Track?
How your child plays, learns, speaks and acts offer important clues about his development. Do you have questions about your child’s development? View our milestone checklist to see if your child is where he/she should be at this stage in their development.
Still have concerns? Complete the form below to contact our staff to discuss your concerns, schedule a tour of our facility, or make an appointment to speak with our staff.
Miracle Kids Success Academy
Jonesboro South: 870-932-3600
Jonesboro North: 870-333-2600