Angelina Wood, MCD/CCC-SLP
Angelina has a Bachelor of Science degree and a Master’s of Science in Communication Disorders. She loves working with children that are facing difficult challenges because she believes that every child has the potential to be exceptional. It is her goal to find each child’s learning style and motivation to help them build the foundation they need to move forward in their treatment. Angelina loves reading and language. She speaks a little bit of Spanish and even a little bit of American Sign Language but has a lot of areas she would like to learn more about.
Angelina is a member of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association. In 2018 and 2019, she earned the Award for Continuing Education (ACE). In order to receive this award, individuals meet the requirements by earning 7.0 ASHA (70 hours) Continuing Education Units (CEUs) within a 36-month period. Angelina been trained in the following therapy approaches:
- Picture Exchange Communication (PECS), which allows children who have little or no communication abilities a means of communicating non-verbally
- Beckman Oral Motor Protocol
- Pre-chaining and chaining therapy to treat pediatric feeding disorders
- TalkTools sensory motor approach to treating apraxia
- Orton-Gillingham Multisensory Approach to Early Reading
- SOS Approach to Feeding
- Language Acquisition through Motor Planning (LAMP). An approach that uses motor learning principles and a voice output communication aid to give non-verbal individuals a method to develop independent and spontaneous communication.
- Strategies for Teaching based on Autism Research (STAR Curriculum Training). A developmental curriculum content appropriate for students with ASD and other developmental disabilities.
- Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets (PROMPT). A dynamic tactile method of treatment for motor speech disorders which is based on touch pressure, kinesthetic, and proprioceptive cues.
Angelina may be contacted at email@example.com.
Miracle Kids Success Academy
Jonesboro South: 870-932-3600
Jonesboro North: 870-333-2600