Caitlyn Byrd, MCD, CCC-SLP
Caitlyn received her Bachelor’s of Science Degree in 2015 and her Master’s of Science in Communication Disorders in 2016 at Arkansas State University. She is married and has a sweet baby boy! After college, Caitlyn moved to Little Rock for a few years and is so excited to be back in Jonesboro at Miracle Kids. In her free time, she loves to spend time with her family or taking hikes with their dogs and traveling. Caitlyn’s favorite part of her job is working with the kiddos and watching them succeed in the goals set forth.
Caitlyn is a member of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association. She has been trained in the following therapy approaches:
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS), which allows children who have little or no communication abilities a means of communicating non-verbally,
- Kaufman methods for Evaluation and Treatment of Childhood Apraxia of Speech, and
- Pre-chaining and chaining therapy to treat pediatric feeding disorders.
- Strategies for Teaching based on Autism Research (STAR Curriculum Training). A developmental curriculum content appropriate for students with ASD and other developmental disabilities.
- A Sensory Motor Approach to Apraxia of Speech
- Beckman Oral Protocol
- Functional Assessment and Remediation of Tethered Oral Tissues (TOTs)
Caitlyn may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jenny Lorince, M.S., CCC-SLP
Jenny received her Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Communication Disorders at University of Arkansas in 2017 and her Master’s of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders in 2019 at University of Central Arkansas. She is originally from Stuttgart, Arkansas. After Jenny graduated college, she immediately moved to Jonesboro and remembered Miracle Kids at a job fair previously. She knew that she wanted to work with children, so of course, MKSA was the she wanted to be! Jenny is willing to do anything to make speech therapy for her kiddos, so they all love visiting her during the day. Her favorite part of working at MKSA is seeing the smiles on their faces when they master a goal that was worked so hard on.
Jenny may be contacted at email@example.com.
Lauren Thomas, MCD CCC-SLP
Lauren received her Bachelor’s of Science Degree in 2012 and her Master’s of Science in Communication Disorders in 2013 at Arkansas State University. She is married and has a sweet dog! Lauren has a passion for early intervention and making an impact on children’s communication skills, so that is what led her to MKSA. She believes that early intervention will truly affect the rest of a children’s life. In Lauren’s personal time, she loves to spend time with her family traveling and just outdoors! Her personal motto is, “Collect moments, not things.”
Lauren is a member of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association. She has been trained in the following therapy approaches:
- Beckman Oral Motor Protocol
- Challenges and Solutions for Infants and Children with Complex Feeding and Swallowing Disorders: an interactive course teaching participants to apply knowledge of airway problems including laryngomalacia, laryngeal cleft and vocal fold paralysis to make management decisions for infants and children with oropharyngeal dysphasia. Tips and tricks for picky eaters and processes for advancing oral feedings in tube fed children.
Lauren may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emily Terry, MCD, CCC-SLP
Emily received a Bachelor’s in Dental Hygiene from University of Arkansas Medical Sciences in Little Rock in 2000 and then received her Master’s in Communication Disorders from Arkansas State University in 2011. She has worked in many area over her career, but is excited to come back to her first love of early intervention. Emily and her husband have one beautiful daughter named Emma. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her family and learning new things everyday! Emily’s adaptability and compassion is what makes her such a great asset to Miracle Kids Success Academy.
She is a member of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association. Emily has been trained in the following therapy approaches:
- Language Acquisition through Motor Planning (LAMP). an approach that uses motor learning principles and a voice output communication aid to give non-verbal individuals a method to develop independent and spontaneous communication
- Beckman Oral Protocol
Emily may be contacted at email@example.com.
Miracle Kids Success Academy
Jonesboro South: 870-932-3600
Jonesboro North: 870-333-2600